PAY PER MINUTE FAQs
Our video on demand format puts instant gratification within reach of anyone with a broadband Internet connection. With a massive library of VOD streams to choose from -- and new titles added daily -- you can find the movie you want and start watching right away. No downloading, no waiting, no hassle!
- What is Pay Per Minute
Pay Per Minute is a way to view and pay for streaming videos from GameLink. Minutes are purchased as a pool and used for viewing movies and scenes, but you are only billed minutes for what you watch.
- What is streaming video?
Streaming video is a way to view movies directly on your computer, wherever you are, without having to wait for physical shipment or download. Streaming videos are not saved to your computer, but viewed as they arrive over your broadband connection. It's a technology that provides instant gratification, sending images and sounds right to your computer within moments of your selection of a title.
- How is Pay Per Minute different from purchasing a streaming video?
When you purchase a streaming video title, You own that title.
With Pay Per Minute, you purchase a pool of minutes that you can use in viewing any streaming video title in our catalog*. You do not have to watch a title from start to finish, but can instead view multiple scenes from a variety of titles.
- How old do I need to be to use this service?
You need to be 18 years or older to purchase or view any product from our catalog.
- Which movies are available using Pay Per Minute?
Most of our streaming videos are available using the Pay Per Minute option. If for some reason there is a streaming video that you can't view, please contact our customer service team for assistance.
- How can I find movies that are available using Pay Per Minute?
Here are two ways to do it.
- Navigate through all the products in the catalog (click to a star, a title, or a category, or conduct a keyword search) and find a title you like. If the title is available as a Pay Per Minute streaming video, the product will display “Pay Per Minute” and a “Play” button.
- How much does the Pay Per Minute service cost?
You pay nothing for the service! 100% of your payment goes right into your pool of minutes. Buying time is very affordable, and becomes more affordable as you take advantage of our volume minutes packages. You may purchase or add minutes in a variety of increments:
10 minutes for $2.95 300 minutes for $29.95 30 minutes for $5.95 500 minutes for $49.95 60 minutes for $8.95 660 minutes for $59.95 120 minutes for $14.95 1000 minutes for $86.95 200 minutes for $19.95 3000 minutes for $249.95
- How can I buy minutes?
Pay Per Minute packages can be purchased here
- How will I know how many minutes I have in my account?
When you sign in to the site, you'll see your minutes displayed at the top of the site (on mobile it is at the top of the menu)
- How can I add minutes to my account?
You may add minutes at any time, simply by (i) clicking on the “buy minutes” button adjacent to a streaming video title or (ii) going the My Account page and clicking on the “buy minutes” link.
- How and when are minutes deducted from my account?
Minutes are deducted from your account as you view movies and when you finish viewing a movie.
- Do my pre-paid minutes ever expire?
As long as you have an account with us, your unused minutes are available for your use. They will not expire.
- What are the system requirements for Pay Per Minute?
Pay Per Minute is compatible with all popular computers, tablets and mobile devices. All but the earliest version of IOS support PPM but Android devices require Android version 4.4 or higher. For desktop computers you need a browser that supports flash or optionally, HTML5.
- What connection speed do I need to view movies via the Pay Per Minute plan?
Your current cable, DSL, LTE or 4G connection should be sufficient to allow you to view movies via PPM. For desktop browsers, we make use of an adaptive streaming protocol to automatically adjust the resolution of the movie being played to match your bandwidth and screen size. In general, you will need 1.5Mbps or greater for standard definition movies, 4.5Mbps or greater for HD movies, and 15Mbps or greater (and a 4K monitor) for 4K UHD movies.
On mobile devices, you can choose the resolution you would like to stream at by accessing adjusting the "preferred resolution" setting on your Account page. Choose a lower resolution than the current setting if your are experiencing excessive buffering.
- Do I need any special software to use Pay Per Minute?
On a desktop computer you will need a browser that supports a recent version of Adobe Flash. Alternatively, an HTML5 player can be used by adjusting the Player Preference in your account. Most tablet and all mobile devices make use of stand alone players so no additional software is required for them.
- I can't get access to the movie anymore. What shall I do?
You may have run out of minutes. It's simple to add minutes to your account (see above.) If you continue to have problems, our customer service representatives will be happy to assist you.
- Whom do I contact if I experience problems using the Pay Per Minute service?
Our customer service team is happy to help you with any problems you experience.
- You can contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
24 hours a day, 7 days a week. A customer service representative will respond to your email within 24 hours.
- You may call us any time from 9:00 am - 6:00 pm Pacific Time
Monday through Friday, and from 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Saturdays and Sundays.
Customer Service can be reached at 1.800.944.3933 and +1.415.575.9700.
- Live Chat Support
- You can contact us via email at email@example.com
- What is a Premium Pay Per Minute title?
Many top studios prefer to offer their New Releases and other special movies at a premium rate due to their high quality content. A Premium title will use minutes in your account faster than regular titles. For example, if the rate says PLAY x2.0 then 2 minutes will be deducted from your account for each minute that you view this movie, and your minutes will be used up twice as fast.
- What is a Bargain Pay Per Minute title?
A Bargain title will use minutes in your account at a lower rate than regular titles. For example, if the rate says PLAY x0.5 then half a minute, or 30 seconds, will be deducted from your account for each minute that you view this movie. Your minutes will be used up half as fast as normal titles.